Sunday 11 October 2009

That's all the appliqué done!

I've now finished all the appliqué pieces for the second cross:


There are 11 satin pieces per leg, so 44 per cross, then the 4 around the centre for each cross, making 96 in all. When I first worked that out, I wished I hadn't (I still had about 70 to go!), but now they're all done, so I can look back and feel quite pleased. I think this one is working out better than the first cross, so I think this is the one that'll be going on the front of the banner.

Progress is going to slow up for a while now - I'm going to have a house full of workmen for the next week or so, then personal and work commitments mean that sewing is going to have to take a back seat for a bit. I hope not for too long though - I'm so close to finishing the second cross, and starting on the next step, which I'm looking forward to. I'll just have to be patient!

3 comments:

  1. As always, Ruth, beautifully done. You are truly an encouragement to me. When I get discouraged at my uneven little stitches I go to your blog and am inspired to go back and try again. And it is working, I am getting better! Now to quit procrastinating and blog some of my work... tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete