Sunday 5 December 2010

All the flowers added

I was wrong when I said I only had a few flowers on the right still to add - when I checked the design, it turned out there was still a fern to go on the left, too.  And here it is:


After that, there really was just a few flowers (and another fern) to go on the right, and here they all are:


So, that's all the flowers cut out and attached, but not the panel finished.  Next, I'm going to edge all the individual pieces in gold.

I think I should point out, that while the panel clearly isn't symmetrical, it isn't meant to be - fortunately, as that makes life rather easier!  Either side of the cowslip is similar to each other, but the Fiona's design is subtly different on each side.  I like this - I think it adds life and interest.  Happily for me, it also means that if a piece isn't quite aligned with the matching piece on the opposite side, it doesn't really matter.  I can just tell everyone it's meant to be like that!

2 comments:

  1. I also like it non-symmetrical. I'm looking forward to seeing it edged with gold but don't envy you, I think it will be fiddly around those tiny blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to seeing the gold edging on it!

    ReplyDelete