Sunday 20 November 2011

The rest of the goldwork edging

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted - I hadn't realised it was such a long time ago.  Sorry about that!

But if I haven't been posting I have been stitching, and have finished edging all the flowers.  Another major milestone completed!

Last time, I'd finished all the flowers to the left of the cowslip, so next it was the cowslip itself:


Then the pearlworts:


The central wood avens:


A couple of ferns:


The remaining wood avens:


And their leaves:


And finally, the last ever fern!  I kept that one to the end on purpose.


So here's the panel, with all the edging done:


The only things left to do now are the stems and tendrils.  I can't believe how close to the end I now am!

1 comment:

  1. Last ever fern! Yay! I always got the impression they were your least favourite.

    I hope the light at the end of the tunnel is visible and this beautiful piece will be in all it's finished glory soon. It will be *glorious*

    ReplyDelete