Thursday 3 May 2012

Slow progress...

Oh dear. I haven't written a post in ages, and when I do I don't have much to show you.  I am making some progress, but after some busy weekends and a lot to do at work recently, it's pretty slow.  I'm just being lazy after the Banner, that's the trouble!

Anyway, continuing on with the third leaf, up to the point where the fourth one is about to start:


And in close-up:


Then both leaves, to where they overlap, and one continuous line of couching stitches is in both colours:


Close-up again:


I'm over half way now, so that's encouraging!

5 comments:

  1. Ruth I love your blog because you produce quality not quantity.

    Your work is intricate and exquisite.

    What you produce is absolutely beautiful.

    Your blog design is simple yet says so much.

    I came here today to give you some simple words of encouragement to keep going no matter how long the work takes to complete.

    Your friend OAH :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a very striking piece when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @OAH - what a lovely thing to say, thanks so much. I shall now try not to fret about not posting enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not in the least bit surprised that you need to take it a bit easy after such a *tremendous* project! This project is lovely and Zen. Not to mention shiney! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fact that the lines are not perfectly straight, it seems to make the piece undulate, while the gold shimmers. It's really looking good!

    ReplyDelete