Sunday 19 January 2014

Druid banner - rays of light

With the background spirals completed, I can start to overlay other design elements, starting with rays of light.

These are straight lines radiating outwards from the centre of the spiral circle.  They're worked in imitation Japanese gold no 8 from Golden Threads, couched with Gutermann Sulky machine embroidery thread no. 8007.


As before, I transferred the design to the front using small running stitches, which this time show up in the photo (just):


I'm couching over these lines with four lengths of the gold thread, in two lots of two.  Here are the first batch:


And some more:


All work so far:


2 comments:

  1. It's starting to come together! The blues and greens are showing up much better, probably because the gold is there to balance the colors. I'm such a terrible photographer, so I'm just guessing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm such a terrible photographer I'm impressed you can tell!

    ReplyDelete