Friday 18 July 2014

Apple tree fire screen - stretching and mounting

I dismantled the fire screen, putting the old embroidery away, and giving the frame a good clean.  There was already a board cut to size for the embroidery to go round, having been used for the old one, so no need to get anything else.  The old one was glazed, but I don't want this to be, so I disposed of the glass.

I want it to seem quite soft, so I stuck some wadding to the board with 505 fabric spray glue:


Centring the embroidery over that, I laced it on the back in the usual way:


That's my name tape on the bottom, for someone in the future to find!

I placed this into the frame:


Then placed the back panel down and screwed it into position:


All done!  I'll show you the finished piece tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment